Entering the temple of Inviolate Virgin Mary (lower church)
Its whereabouts were at the location of the old school at the center of Vevcani. It is an old church which the Turks tore it down. At the very same place the villagers started building a new one. The construction started in the twenties 1921-1928. The church was built for a 1,5 meters, but the funding sources were short so the building stopped. The entrance was from two big doors, one from the east the other from west, there were other smaller entrances and stairs from the north side. There are ruins of the church visible today in the center of Vevcani.
Church St. Nicholas (upper church)
This is a gathering church where villagers gather to celebrate all the religious holidays. The permit for this church to be built was issued in Vevcani in 1834, and for the very same the villagers gave a lot of money for bribery. The fact that the floor of the church is above the ground is a great evidence for the bribery, because back in those days it wasn’t allowed for churches to be built above the ground only as basements. It is said that firstly the church was built seven feet below the ground but it was buried. The church is constructed with hand carved stone blocks. Its length is 18 meters and she is 12,5 meters wide. The front door is walled with tin, above it, like the rest of the openings, there are religious symbols carved on the rocks.
The drawing of the icons are made by Dimitar Krstevic – Dico Zografot (1819 – 1872) origin from Tresonce, from Debar region. This distinguished painter has left very valuable art work behind him.
At the north-east part of the church there is the Church bell that was given as a gift by the brothers Nasto and Krstan Kostojcinoski, they brought the bell from Romania where they used to work, as many other men from Vevcani.
On the 10.10.1999 started the construction of a new part to the church with the dimensions of 14x12m on the west side of the church, as the churches extension. This part is for baptism, icon gallery, library with a reading room, candle store, an office and an apartment.
St. Savior (Sv. Spas) / (White Plate)
This church is at the entrance of Vevcani at its north-east side. They call it the Lower Sv. Spas. It is built on a holy ground with the surface of 1500m2. At first it was only a cabin, a chapel, but after the renewal, between the 1986 and1996 it is a solid church made out of stone blocks. The sanctification was at 10.10.1996.
Monastery Sv. Spas (upper)
This monastery is on the mountain above the village on the west side, with the altitude of 1300m above sea level. The surface that the monastery is on is 864 m2 but the forest around it belongs to the monastery and it is vast as 45ha, it’s an old oak wood and with an hour walk you can get there by foot. The monastery is built inside the rocks, which is very specific, on the east of it there is a big rock that stands above the road but there has never been an accident. Based on the icons this monastery is from the second half of 19 century.
The locals visit this monastery at least three times a year.
Church St. Varvara
In the past it was only a chapel and it had a different name in the ruling of the kingdom of Jugoslavia, it went by the name of St. Sava. The church is on the north side of the village on a small hill in the middle of an oak wood. Among the trees there are some that are centuries old.
The old chapel was torn down and at the very same place in 1996 there was a church build. The church with the cemetery and the wood takes up a surface of 14.065m2.
Church St. GeorgeVictorious
In 2013 on our religious holiday Gjurgjovden, at the very entrance of Vevcani, the foundations of this church were made. The church is build with stone bricks but the inside it is still being made.
It is on the north of the place called Padarnica. The land that it is built on is with the size of 340m2. It is unknown from when it is dating. Frescoes are made by S. Nikolic, from Bitola, back in 1914. It was renewed in the eighties. People visit it on Mitrovden on 08.11 when they bring what they promised and light candles for good health.
This chapel is on the north side of Vevcani, very close to the chapel St. Dimitrija, and it’s the last of the sanctuaries that form the east-west line. The surface that is built on is 342m2. The frescoes are made by Nikola Bubanoski, a painter from Vevcani, back in 1924.
Chapel St. Nedela
This chapel is inside the area of the Springs and it is built above some of the streams, there is a spring inside the chapel too. The icons are painted by Gjorgjija Bubanoski in 1939.
Chapel St. Sreda
It is inside the area of the Springs, and inside the chapel there is a fountain with fresh water which is believed that is a healing water for women that can have children and that’s why it is also called ‘’women’s water’’. The object is built back in 1972 by the three brothers: Kristo, Sandre and Leon Sekutkoski as donors.
Little church St. Jovan
It is also at the area of the Springs, this hily ground is marked with the icon of the same Saint and people light candles for good health and in winter time during the religious holiday "Vodici"(19.01) it is where the cross is thrown.